Thank you to all who were able to attend our Multicultural Celebration on November 20. Over 300 people enjoyed great food and viewed the display of the 56 heritage posters created by students in Grades 3-6 as well as the Tenets of our School Comprehensive Plan.
The winners of the poster contest were:
- Grade 3 Valeria Toro---Columbia
- Grade 4 Mahad Ali---Pakistan
- Grade 5 Chifae Dani---Morocco
- Grade 6---Ayad and Amjad Hassan---Yemen
Kudos to Ms. Calix, Ms. Garcia, and Mr. Deveaux for their efforts for organizing the event.
- Our PTA is hosting a Scholastic Book Fair from December 16-18.
- Wednesday, December 17 is a NOON dismissal for Parent-Teacher Conferences. Conferences will take place from 1 to 3 PM and from 5 to 7 PM.
- We have a full day of school on Monday and Tuesday December 22 and 23. The holiday vacation begins December 24. Students return to school on Monday, January 5th.
- Reading logs will be sent home. All students who read 30 minutes or more each day over the break will receive a reading certificate.