We have had an exciting finish to our school year. Some of the highlights have been:
· Over 400 students, parents, and staff attended our Field Day at Tibbetts Brook Park. We thank Ms. Conrad for her efforts in coordinating the fun activities, our PTA for paying for the permits for the picnic areas, and Mr. Greg Burke, president of Lane Furniture, for providing the funding for the eight buses. It was a terrific day!
· All students in Grades 2-5 visited the Science Barge and The Daylighting courtesy of Family Service Society and TeachingTheHudsonValley.org Grant
· Over 75 students, parents, and staff attended our after school walk to the Beczak Center. Ms. Vicki Garufi of the Beczak Center provided us with a wonderful explanation and tour of the facilities.
· On Thursday, June 12th, Dannon, Inc. provided 10 volunteers from their company to assist with our Fun and Fit Day at school. The YWCA, Equalize Fitness located at Executive Park in Yonkers and Shop Rite also had exhibits at the Fun and Fit Day.
· Thanks to Mr. Deveaux, our 4th and 5th Grade students had an ongoing educational experience with Friends of Van Cortland Park. Students and teachers went to VC Park twice for hands on learning experiences and the park sent three educators. to teach two separate lessons to our older students. It was a great opportunity thanks to Mr. Deveaux.
· We hope you were able to attend the Parent Workshop Ms. Bangari provided families with summer opportunities for the family!
· Students in PreK-Grade 1 will have an opportunity to visit St. Joseph’s Pediatric Dentistry the week of June 16th .
· Students in K-Grade 5 had an opportunity to observe a lesson on Disability Awareness sponsored by Westchester County Government.
· Over 40 parents attended a math module lesson to learn about the new terminology and see a math lesson in action.
Please continue to encourage your child to read 30 minutes daily. Please visit the Riverfront or Wil Library for exciting programs and to borrow great books.
The last day of school is Thursday, June 26th. Both June 25 and 26 are 12:00 dismissals.