Thank you for all of your support throughout the year!
Some of the highlights for the 2014-15 academic year:
- We had over 90 participants in the Fourth Annual Riverfront Book March
- Over 250 people were fed at our Second Annual Multi-Cultural Pot Luck Dinner that also included a heritage poster contest thanks to Ms. Calix, Ms. Garcia, and Mr. Deveaux
- All classrooms from K-6 participated in the ArtsWestchester residency program courtesy of a grant with the Yonkers Public Schools. In addition to the students learning about dance or mural painting, all of the children were able to go on a field trip to such great locations as the Museum of Natural History, Muscoot Farm, and a play at Queens College.
- Tier 2 Words flourished throughout the lessons and morning announcements. Please ask your child for examples of Tier 2 Words.
- The math modules helped our students enhance their critical thinking and math skill set. The word 'decompose' is known by students in Grades 1-6 and how it can translate to ELA.
- We had our first 'Moving Up' ceremony with our sixth grade class. We are very proud of them and wish them continued success.
- Our Second Annual Field Day at Tibbetts Brook Park was another smashing success. Thanks Ms. Conrad!
- Last September, over 70 students submitted reading logs. All of the students earned free books. We hope to double that number this summer! Continue to read daily!
- Students in Grades 2-6 learned how to create, monitor, and implement SMART Goals! We have challenged all students to have a SMART Goal for July and another one for August!
SAFARI MONTAGE provides academic resources for students of all ages. To access:
- Google search: "Safari Montage Yonkers Schools"
- CLICK on the first website that appears
- Log IN: USERNAME: castudent THEN Password: student
- FIND THOMAS CORNELL ACADEMY
- On the bottom of the page find "resources: Click on the "Portal Links" tab
- Click on the "System-Follett Library
- then click ELEMENTARY Resources
- USERNAME: ypslibrary Password: primary
Your efforts will be worth the energy spent navigating the system. Students will have many educational resources to utilize.
HAVE A GREAT SUMMER! SCHOOL begins with a half-day on Wednesday, September 2. There is also a noon dismissal on Thursday, September 3. The first full day is Friday, September 4th.